I watch discovery channel. I've flipped through the pages of National Geographic. I'm cultured. I know in some countries it is necessary to breast feed a child for an insane amount of time. If you cannot afford food, and your body is producing some for free, and it is the only way your child is going to get fed, well then, extreme times calls for extreme measures.
But if you are just a self proclaimed naturalist who feels the need to breast feed your 4-year-old...well, I think there is a show on dateline you may want to watch.
At some point it is just not as natural as it starts out being. I mean, sure I breast fed my daughter. But I only did it for about six months…not six damn years.
I know it's a part of life. It's healthy for the baby, it's nature's way. But I went to a Yoga Class for mothers once and the teacher's son walked up to her and said, I'm hungry. She said ok. He sat down, lifted her shirt, and began drinking. He was fucking old enough to ask for a drink! Get the kid a Capri sun! I mean seriously!
A doctor at the hospital I worked at was still breast feeding her 5-year-old. She said, "People find it strange, but he is my son and I want to start him off with the best chance at a healthy life." Do you really? Then get your tit out of his face before he starts needing a shrink.
My daughter is 8. I don't think she feels like she was cheated out of something special because at 5 years old she drank her milk from a carton.
But if you are just a self proclaimed naturalist who feels the need to breast feed your 4-year-old...well, I think there is a show on dateline you may want to watch.
At some point it is just not as natural as it starts out being. I mean, sure I breast fed my daughter. But I only did it for about six months…not six damn years.
I know it's a part of life. It's healthy for the baby, it's nature's way. But I went to a Yoga Class for mothers once and the teacher's son walked up to her and said, I'm hungry. She said ok. He sat down, lifted her shirt, and began drinking. He was fucking old enough to ask for a drink! Get the kid a Capri sun! I mean seriously!

A doctor at the hospital I worked at was still breast feeding her 5-year-old. She said, "People find it strange, but he is my son and I want to start him off with the best chance at a healthy life." Do you really? Then get your tit out of his face before he starts needing a shrink.
My daughter is 8. I don't think she feels like she was cheated out of something special because at 5 years old she drank her milk from a carton.

I just finished reading this blog I thought was by my daughter. However reading it again I realized there was only 1 (yes 1) F word in the entire thing. My question is: Who are you and what the Fuck did you do with my daughter?
ReplyDeleteHer Dad