Thursday, September 23, 2010

Currently Chasing: Highlights

So it's the middle of the week. There is a Social tonight at 6 so I'll probably go to that. Hmmm, what on earth will I wear? My deserts? My PT Uniform? So many decisions.

I had to dye my hair back to brown, and most likely it will stay this color for the rest of deployment. I'm very unhappy about that. I just don't feel like myself when my hair is in standards. No different colors, no faddish hair cut. God, I'm plain. Go Navy.

This place is almost worse than a ship for two reasons. #1 There are too many people to get to know so people end up just getting to know the people they work directly with.
#2 No one likes the people the work directly with.

There is a place here called All Seasons. It's a resteraunt. The food sucks, the service is shitty, hamburgers taste like cardboard, chicken nuggets are made with dark meat, there is no restroom, you are expected to tip even though you pick up your own food and clear your plate when you're done and it's crowded. It's pretty much our favorite place to go.

The other day the lights went out in our office. At noon I figured I'd go home since I couldn't get any work done. The next day in a meeting I said, "not that it affects any one else, so who cares, but my power is still out." They said, do you see what it says on your chest? Seabee! Get up to the attic and fix that shit. I said, "um ok. So really, my lights are out." They said, didn't you get the email about priorities and how you are not one? I said, "I didn't get that email, you know why? Because my power is fucking out dick." I just love those guys.

I went on my first convoy the other day. Of course I was all buckled in for safety, but the guy across from me was not. I said, hey, you need to buckle up. He said, why? I said, because your big ass will fall on me and kill me. He said, this thing isn't going to roll over. I said, you bet your ass it will. He said, how many rollovers have you been in? I said two. So finally he put his seatbelt on. I didn't bother to mention that those two rollovers were controlled training rollovers. But he didn't need to know that. Just get your damn seat belt on assmunch.

Every time we arrived at a new place, I could tell where we were by the bathroom facilities. At the first place there were regular port o johns. At the second place, there were port o johns with broken doors, stained walls, disease and no toilet paper. By the third place there was a fuel can that I could use and 'burn my shit' when I was finished. And by the fourth place I stepped on poop on my way out of the MRAP.

Later that night before we entered back into the base we had to clear our weapons. I get out and something is wrong with my weapon. I keep trying to clear it but it will not open. I look at the colonel and say, Ma'am, maybe there is just too much dust in it, it's stuck. She said, "Pull it Back toward you, stop pushing it forward." Holy hell I'm a dumb ass. Good thing I'm cute. Although now that I've dyed my hair, even that's up for debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment