So my friend finally broke up (for the 12th time) with her boyfriend…and I think this may finally be it. Or we can hope. I told her to email details. So below are excerpts from her email. My responses are in parenthesis.
Email: He started talking about marriage. I told him that I thought he was just saying that to reel me back in, because he said he was planning on us getting engaged last year around Dec/Jan timeframe right after we stopped talking to each other.
(Response: I feel the same way...every time he thinks he’s losing you...or if he's lost you, he always throws up marriage. Like, I was JUST about to ask you to marry me. And then you bailed. I know I said I didn’t like your kids, but don’t act like this is my fault.)
Email: He said that he never stopped talking to me that he was "giving me time and space" because he knew I was so busy.
(Response: Giving you time and space...are you a fucking treckie? You do not need time and space, you need love and respect. This guy is a total tool.)
Email: We were going to dinner and I waited forever for him to get there and it was freezing outside. He saw me walk out but didn’t bother driving up to meet me.
(Response: Give me a damn break. If you're going to drive the mile, what the fuck is wrong with driving the last inch. Geezus I hate this prick.)
Email: So, we drive to Chipotle and he holds the door open for another girl who was coming in after us, but waited until she got to the door, so it wasn't like she was RIGHT behind us.
(Response: Holding the door open for the person behind you is one thing...holding the door open when it's freezing cold and causing everyone in the restaurant to get ice boogers under the umbrella of being a gentleman is a fucking douche move. And he's a prick.)
Email: So, we sit to eat and he was talking about going home for the weekend and so I took the opportunity to ask him about that girl that he slept with up there and if he was going to see her because THE DAY that we stopped talking, she was on his FB page AGAIN making all sorts of comments and saying how it was MY loss and he was a good man.
(Response: The fact that there is essentially one girl that you can't stand and he makes it a point to add her into his life the minute the two of you aren't talking drives me bat shit. That's just like me asking 'that man I was dating' not to sleep with anyone else, but especially not that 'one girl he used to date' and him going ahead and having lunch with her and then falling into her vagina.)
Email: But, he doesn't answer. So, I asked again. He finally said no that he was only going to see family and would not be seeing that girl. So I asked why he didn’t just say that in the first place and he said it was a stupid question.
(Response: I hate that he tells you your questions are stupid. His face is stupid.)
Email: I told him it wasn't stupid because he was the one who friended her again the day we stopped talking, and he was the first one to unfriend me. He's the one saying we are back together but he has yet to friend me on FB.
(Response: I really hate that we feel like we aren't really in a relationship until facebook tells us we are. In the future men are just going to invite us to some big fancy outing, tell us to dress nice, get on one knee, pull out their smart phone and ask if we'd like to change our status to engaged. "OH
MY GOD...YES, YES! He really loves me!")
Email: He didn't say anything. I asked again and he just sat there ignoring me. So, I was laughing inside telling myself this is just typical and thinking how funny it is that he's gone from ignoring me on the phone to ignoring me to my face!
(Response: I hate being ignored. And I've mostly always hated that guy. And remember this wise advice I got from a man recently: Just because everything seems right, doesn't mean that nothing's wrong, which doesn't really apply to this situation where everything felt wrong but you occasionally still thought it was right, but it's wise advice you should remember.)
-Love me.

This post is brilliant!!!
ReplyDeleteI've been your friend and you in this scenario. I don't like either role. The only common denominator is the prick that I wish didn't treat a woman this way. xoxo