Friday, January 14, 2011

Currently Chasing: Not Flannel!

My friend Mike is a card. If you don’t believe me, ask the flannel thong in my recent care package. Flannel PJs I understand, but a flannel thong. He asked me for my size, but in all honesty, I thought he was kidding – until I received the package, and pulled out this string thing with a triangle shaped flannel patch attached to it. Yep, this will surely keep me warm in this 22 degree weather. Thanks Mike, nothing says warrior like a lumberjack style thong…
That package is one of the last ones I’ll be receiving here…it’s about that time. I can’t believe I’ve already been here almost six months. But when I think back, time has really flown. People who were single when I left are engaged or even married now. People have moved, transferred, gotten pregnant and had babies. Six months didn’t feel like THAT long. However, when I talk to my daughter on the phone, she sounds like a grownup. I’ve been away. And I’m looking forward to being back. A new year! So many things I plan on doing this year.
1. Take my daughter on a Disney Cruise. The moment I get back she is flying in and we are heading to Florida. I’m excited and anxious. I’ve always told her we would go on an actual vacation, and we are.
2. I’m going to become a certified Zumba instructor. I’m flying to New York and my friend Danielle and I are driving to Rochester to spend the day getting certified. It’s going to be incredible.
3. I’m running a half marathon. I’ve run 5Ks here and I’m running a 10k at the end of January…and in October, my friend Sonya and I are driving to Long Island to run about 13 miles in the DIVA half marathon.
4. Reconnect with my friends. Before I left I was on auto pilot. Already disconnecting myself from my life so I could prepare for ‘WAR.’ I was not the person they had grown to love, and I’m looking forward to once again becoming ‘me.’
5. Getting my hair done! Don’t get me wrong. I’ve actually had some pretty incredible luck out here. I’ve gotten two haircuts and highlights, and that has worked out well. But I’m ready for Kathy to take me back to fabulous! More blond and a cut I’ve been eye balling for a while now.
6. My lesbian pedicures! Yep, there is a nail salon in Maryland where you order your pedicure from a menu. They serve you wine, cheese and fruit while they spend no less than an hour making love to your feet! And they finish it off with a neck and back massage. You are wondering about the lesbian part right? Well they make you take your shirt off so they can really massage you…and trust me, you won’t mind.
So this year is full of things to do and plenty of time to do it all. I’m excited about what 2011 holds. I’m ready for anything…except a flannel thong.

No comments:

Post a Comment