You ever just go through life wanting all kinds of things and then one day wake up and realize, holy shit, I’ve got it; I’ve got it all?
Well I woke up today feeling exactly like that. I mean, I know that part of what people love about this blog is all the self loathing I do, and trust me when I say I’m sure there is more of that to come. But let’s look at the facts:
My day started out with a phone call from my daughter who just wanted to tell me good morning and that she loved me.
I woke up today in my bed, which sits in a room, which is part of a home that I own.
The first thing I decided to put on fit perfectly and looked great.
My hair behaved.
I didn’t forget to take out the trash, or grab the stuff I need to take to the dry cleaners and the post office.
I have money in the bank and a new car.
I have friends who adore me and a boyfriend who changes my air filters, fixes my vacuum cleaner and gets my tv back to working order after my daughter pushes a hundred buttons trying to turn on the Wii.
I currently work at what has always been my dream job, and I interviewed yesterday for another job that will allow me to grow in my career and secure my future.
I have a 401K and a good credit score.
SO WHAT AM I ABOUT TO DO TO SCREW IT ALL UP?
I mean, that’s what always happens right? Things start going right, you don’t feel like you deserve it, you start thinking something is missing, when actually the only thing that’s missing is your willingness to accept that things are just – good.
All this chasing. Feels nice to pause and see what I’ve been missing.

I <3 this post.
ReplyDeleteIt's the simple things in life that make you happy. Gotta start from the ground up - you, your friendships/co-workers and your relationships. But I know what you are saying.
ReplyDeletedont lose heart. there is still chasing to do. perhaps it will be on someone else's behalf... for now rest is good. soak in the goodness like you are chasing an awesome tan from the sun's rays. :)
ReplyDeleteTragic about the wedding debacle.So, what are we now going to do on Friday night? Says much about freedom of speech myth. We wuz robbed! Ironicly, great publicity for the Chaser team and a major thumbs down for the British establishment. Funny thing about the effect or side effect of negative publicity. Keep up the brilliant work oh great ones from the Chaser team. Probably deservbe an AO for keeping the populous sane, spotting crap and saying it how it really is. Great work, boys.
ReplyDeleteYou have fans in the land of the mentally ill now, i see.
ReplyDelete