Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Have a Happy Non-Con New year

(Original Post: December 31, 2005 - Saturday)

If home is where the heart is, then mine is in Riverside, Calif., getting regifted.
Lately those who read my blog say that I sound a bit bitter. That I sound like I'm always in a bad mood. Like this is a myspace personality or something. Here is what I think...
In real life, I am very non controversial. Non-Con. I like to make people happy and ease situations. I don't like to complain at eating establishments, I give money to the people with the buckets, I answer the door and buy candy, I give to the fire department bullshit, I don't complain if I get the wrong change, I don't sit at the drive through window and look through my bag to make sure they gave me all the correct shit, I get a paper that I never read, but am too Non-Con to call and cancel, if it wasn't for my friend, she and I would have never gotten a refund on my plane ticket, I am just not that person who gets ruffled. I let life roll and try not to get smashed.
If I don't wear a smile every second of the day, someone will ask what the hell is wrong. I am not allowed to have a bad day. So YES. I guess myspace is a place where I can just complain and say the things that annoy me, and make my friends laugh, and still feel okay enough to continue being a good person.
Since I've been home I've realized two things. NOTHING EVER CHANGES, and LIFE IS SHORT. Lisa, my roommate will say, "life isn't short, what is longer than life?" And she's right. But there is one thing longer than life, and that is toilet paper. Except for yesterday when my friend Shell ran out and we had to use paper towels. Anyway, my point is this:
Stop fucking over everyone you know. And also, for some of you reading this, stop fucking everyone you know. How about some compassion every now and again, and maybe some forgiveness. I'm going to start now. Nichelle, I forgive you for the paper towel thing. It wasn't your fault. You didn't know. We are cool.
And let me just add this: me and my friend went to a Christmas party. There was a woman wearing a Christmas sweater. Can we stop this madness? Let it end with us. Peace Angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment