Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hump Day Hope Note

(Original Post: December 21, 2005 - Wednesday)

Wednesday. Get it? Hump Day? It's also the day they refer to as 'back in the day.' A fun fact for you, in case you weren't aware. Back in the day was indeed a Wednesday. No need to thank me.
Christmas is around the corner. I have finished shopping. Now when I say I have finished shopping, please know that I do not by any means mean I have completed purchasing items for those in my life who mean the most. On the contrary, there are still people that I love and adore who have yet to get that little slice of gift wrapped heaven from me. However, I can no longer participate in the season of treason. I cannot go back into a mall. I cannot suffer through another 50 percent off sale. I can not make out another Christmas card. I just can't.
Marcia, if you are reading this, sweetie, I love you, and I will get you a gift. But let me buy it in California after the stench of Christmas wears the fuck off. I love you. If I wasn't me, I'd be you. And you know this.

I went to the exchange to pick up some Cologne for a friend's hubby and it was sold out. Only this one particular scent. A sane person would have just grabbed some Aspen and called it a day. But no. I braved Arundel Mills Hell one last time. I got the Cologne. One last minute gift for My daughter. Two last minute pairs of Sketchers for me, and high tailed it out of there. Not to return until next year. The post office is Satan's Asshole. I spent a good week or two in there trying to mail off a fucking package of DVD's that some guy I used to date reminded me that I had. WTF? A guy I dated still has my fucking CD and you don't see me pounding down his door for it. But whatever, it was quite a few movies and they were good freakin movies. The CD I left at my ex's is a CD given to me by the DVD guy anyway, so I should be glad I don't have it sitting around as a reminder of all my fucking failed relationships. And done.
So yeah. Happy fucking hope note day. I am going to California for two weeks. That is going to be a welcome break. Although sometimes leave is more work than work. I'm going to try and visit friends and family and actually spend quality time with that whole part of my life. But then there are those people I don't want to see. The people my mother already made aware of my pending arrival. They have contacted me and done the "We should do lunch" bullshit email thing. I'm like, yes, of course. That sounds awesome, amazing, uh huh. Yeah, Lunch. Great. Catch up. Kids. Navy. Uh huh. Married? No. Don't be sorry. Uh huh. Oh my mom told you. Uh huh. Bitch. uh huh. No, what is it? 619 area code? Ok, got it. bye now.
Knowing damn well they won't see me. I won't call. But you know what Dane says. Take every opportunity to lie. Thanks Dane.

No comments:

Post a Comment