Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's just Tuesday Damn it.

(Original Post: February 13, 2006 - Monday)

It's 10 p.m. Two hours until Valentines Day. V-day. Very stupid holiday day. This day is only in place to rip people off. Everything is a tad bit more expensive around V day. I had to buy 35 valentine cards for my daughter's class.
W
hat the hell is that about? You are not supposed to have that many valentines. Just one. But you don't want anyone in the class to feel left out, so they make you buy a valentine for every booger brat in the class. Why isn't real life like that anymore? If you are going to send flowers to your wife at work, you better make sure there is a rose in there for me. I may feel left out, so if you are buying candy kisses and teddy bears I better get one. Life would be so much easier if we all went back to a day care way of life. We will have a big party where we all bring something, and we will all exchange valentines. And yeah, they won't mean as much because they will just be mass produced and have a lame to and from block filled out in a rush, but who gives a shit. I don't even care if it's filled out to me. Just give me my damn message hearts and we will call it a holiday. Speaking of message hearts ... Don't you think by now they would have found a way to make those things legible? Half of them are printed on the side or so light you can't even read them. And the ones you can read say stupid shit like, give me a high five. What the crappy bullshit is that? Or, hello. I most likely said hello to you when I gave you the box of message hearts. Let's not be so redundant next time. Why not a heart that says, I'm a fucking retard. Or is that pretty much a given. How about one that says, I'm just not that into you. Or sorry I never called. Let's get fucking honest with these bullshit message hearts. I personally am trying my best not to give a shit about the day. A friend of mine always wonders why people get so wrapped up around holidays. Why can't it just be Tuesday? Tuesday is pretty special all by itself. It doesn't need any help. I do have a Valentine in mind though. Not like it matters. I never get my wishes. They fall on deaf fountains and forgetful wells. But one day it's going to happen for me. A friend told me today that I light up rooms when I enter them. Give me that on a message heart. That is definitely a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment