(Original Post: February 5, 2006 - Sunday)
We drove into Jersey this weekend. Base Karaoke club on Friday. Atlantic City on Saturday. You can imagine AC was packed. It could have been because it is Super Bowl Weekend. Or possibly it had something to do with Bon Jovi in concert at the Tropicana. But don't let me put any money on that, because based on my track record with gambling. I'd lose.
And if someone ever tells me to 'double down' again, especially when I'm already betting $50 bucks, I'm going to shit their face off. Obviously I lost. Me and My friend hit the nickel slots. How come even when you win big on the nickels it is still only 12 bucks, but when you lose on the nickels, it is always like 112 bucks.
Andrew is nice. Andrew bought me a drink at a club in Atlantic City. That drink was 15 bucks. I'm sure Andrew almost had a heart attack. Needless to say, I did not drink that much in Atlantic City. We met up with My friend's friend Rich. That was awesome. He brought his wife and sons out as well. He got us a room at the Tropicana (which is amazing since the place was basically sold out and rooms are usually 450 a night) and he took us to the high rollers lounge where we ate and drank free. His sons are nice. Two of them. Frankie and Lou. True Italian mafia style. They are all rich. Frankie is a big guy. Tall and buff. Wins weight lifting competitions and eats only chicken and rice and loves his body. He also cannot complete a sentence. Lou is short and thin, but smart and funny. He has to compensate. Frankie won't be competing much this year. He hurt his tricep yesterday when he fell out of a tree. I told him to be careful. Falling out of trees is a big problem these days. I guess he climbed it and the branch broke. I said, I too have that problem. Although it's usually chairs, but they are made out of trees ironically. Me and Frankie are basically the same person with so much in common. Don't you think?
I turned in early. After the whole double down fiasco I was quite literally spent. I did rack up some singles at the karaoke bar on Friday though. Don't ask. All in all, great weekend. I did have a lot on my mind this weekend though. Tons of moments when I just wasn't myself. I'm thinking of someone. A lot lately. Shame on me for letting myself be affected.
I'm still on board with getting married. I was checking out dresses and I've been online looking at locations. If nothing else, this is going to be my one safe bet.
Note: This blog has been edited to protect the identities of the guilty. What happens in AC stays in AC. Or just call me and I'll tell you everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment