Thursday, May 28, 2009

New Car Smell

(Original Post: January 13, 2006 - Friday)

There are two things girls love to change. Hair styles and cars. My hair has been short for 11 years, but today my car changed for the third time in five years.
My current car was nice. Champagne color. To the untrained eye it looked Gold, but trust me on this one. It is Champagne. It's a PT Cruiser. I kept it relatively dirty. I had no choice. Things just piled up in that car. I had no control. I lived out of that car. There were four yard hoses in the back. Thanks Joe for taking those beauties. I don't even know where I got them from or why they lived rent free for so long.
Here is the problem with the old car. Every time I take it in for an oil change there are a hundred bucks worth of mystery work that needs to be done. I always agree to get half of it done and save the other half for next time. The only problem is I never remember the other half of the shit. Therefore it never gets done and new stuff keeps getting added on.
Right now I need an oil change, new tires, and new brakes. There is a bolt loose and running wild somewhere in the driver side door. I noticed the sound after I crossed lanes over a median. That must not have been a good idea. It also needed gas. The windshield was cracked and the passenger side door was dinged. I backed into a car in the shopette parking lot. And the list goes on.
The new car is a PT cruiser as well. We test drove a convertible and that is the car I really wanted, but it was roughly a million dollars more a month than I was willing to spend so, yeah.
This new car smells like something is burning when you get out of it. The guy says it is just chalk on the manifold burning off. Does he think I know what that bullcrazy shit means? Just tell me it's going to smell like that for awhile and we're good.
I'm going to go out and put stickers on my new car. They will be obnoxious and will cover crucial window space and probably get me into an accident some day. But they will help me identify my cruiser in a crowd. And if you've ever been to Arundel Mills Mall on a Friday night then you know what I mean by crowd. And let me just say this also. When did it become okay to just park anywhere there is a curb? And I'm only really pissed because I don't have the balls to do it.
My friend defended my honor at the dealers, tried to get me the best deal, and I'm happy. The car is magnesium. To the untrained eye it may look green. But it's magnesium. It's just not easy being green.

No comments:

Post a Comment