Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stop me if you've heard it

(Original Post: January 11, 2006 - Wednesday)

Let me tell you why I love being single. Today I came home early, cleaned out my car, got home in time to catch the cleaners finishing up the house, went upstairs to take a nap, woke up around 5:30 pm, had dinner with My friend, and then we decided to go see a movie. We went in sweats and tennis shoes. Which by the way, why are they called Tennis shoes? Were there just hundreds of tennis players shoeless at some point, and someone said, you know what would make money ... Shoes for people who play tennis.
Anyway, no makeup, no fancy clothes, no worries. Just My friend and I, large popcorn, a large DIET soda, licorice and chocolate crunchies. We were going to get Gummy Stars, but we didn't want to be OTT. (Over the Top)
We saw Brokeback Mountain. For those who know nothing about this movie, let me say this ... I don't want to ruin it but, two guys have sex, cheat on their wives, fall in love, and someone in the movie dies. All the makings of a traditional tear jerker. Not to mention some guy gets dragged through town by his wanker. Don't worry, they stop dragging him once the thing actually falls off. (You don't actually see this, but the visual isn't hard.) It's The only Thing that isn't hard in this movie.
All joking aside. I cried several times. This movie really fucked me up. It's amazing and awesome. Love I guess, is the amazing and awesome thing. And the fact that even if it's just in a movie, you can catch a glimpse of it and somehow believe it actually exists. Although it seems I've only ever truly seen it on the big screen. Heath Ledger and Jake Gillenhaul (sp?) are just great actors. Funny how Heath also has a movie out right now called Casanova. As if he told his agent. Yeah, I'll do the gay mountain thing, but seriously, I also need you to release a movie where I fuck a lot of girls.
It was just so sad and honest and emotional and real and they don't know whether to fight or kiss or cry or laugh. And I have a feeling that complete and total feeling of confusion and lust and jealousy and chaos, is exactly what love is really like.
Now let me tell you why I hate being single, and stop me if you've heard it: I WANT TO BE IN LOVE. I want to be in love like two men on Brokeback mountain. I want to beat the shit out of someone, just to keep the bloody shirt in my closet as a total reminder of this crazy ass love. I'm going to buy this movie when it comes out of the closet.
Also, side note. It's 11:30 pm, I'm watching law and order and blogging. Awe yes, being single just rocks. Maybe some random guy named allthatshewants69 will send me a message about how he's tired of all the games and thinks we have a lot in common. Like we both have an S in our screen name or some bullshit. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment