Wednesday, May 27, 2009

She smelled like Chips!

(Original Post: November 27, 2005 - Sunday)
Okay, I forgot to mention ... I went to Utah for Thanksgiving. I know what you're thinking. Lucky!
But seriously, it was a blastie, but I have to tell you about the plane ride. I was the last person to board. And when I say last, I don't mean second to last, or one of the last, I mean, THE LAST. So the guy in front of me says, well, which seat do you want, because the flight is full so there is only TWO seats left, and they are both middle seats in the same row. So I motion to the right and he goes to the left, and I slide in between a little woman and a big woman. The big woman is reading a book. American Taxation. Great Read. Pick it up on your next trip to B. Dalton. Needless to say she wanted to talk. So me being me, talked. Turns out she is a lawyer getting ready to move to California to practice. Cool. She had to take the BAR EXAM TWICE. Wow, smartie mcsmart smart.
But here is the thing. She smelled like chips. Everytime she opened her mouth or moved or motioned at something she smelled like chips. Her whole body smelled like a frito. (sp?) My goodness, normally I'm a big fan of the fritto (2 t's?) but on this trip ... NO. I don't think I could eat another one ever. Or maybe tomorrow, but not right now. Anyway, the guy who let me choose my seat decides that I owe him something. He keeps making little eyes at me. Keeps throwing his shoulders up as if to say, why couldn't you make all these people move so we could sit together. He sends over a note. A NOTE. He passes a note. But I'm on a plane and I'm bored, so what the hell right. It is pretty casual. Like, damn this is a boring plane ride, you look like you're having fun over there, what is your name, bla bla bla. So I write back and say, this girl smells like chips, and anything else random I could think to say. Then he writes something about the fact that he's married, but wouldn't mind getting to 'know me better' when he returns to Baltimore for work. What in the world? I end the note passing. I don't look in his direction. Which means I'm stuck looking at and smelling the chip lady. Luckily she pulls out a laptop and watches Star Wars. She has headphones on, but chooses an option that allows me to read the words at the bottom of the screen. And when the flight was over I was in Utah. I know what you're thinking. Lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment