Wednesday, May 27, 2009

You know it's that time

(Original Post: December 3, 2005 - Saturday)

So last night was the Holiday Party. Here is the thing. We come to these events to spend more time with the people we work with. However, no one even recognizes anyone. Everyone is boobs and ass. It's like we've all been in these uniform shells and we cannot wait to say, "Hey look at me, I'm a girl, you can tell because I'm spilling out of my dress. Yes, please take random pictures of me throughout the night so I can be a total disgrace to my service later."
Drinks were $4. Doubles were $4. Triples were $4. A straight glass of tequila on the rocks was ... $4. And it was about $4, $4, $4, floor for me.
I remember trying to look really sexy doing some dance move. At some point the drink I had on the table turned into a lever, and during this graceful dance move I pulled the lever. My first thought ... play it off, no one saw, I'm safe, just wipe it under the table ... no biggie. But all of a sudden 800 people were there offering me a napkin. Damn it people, nothing happened. The floor was already sticky. IT'S NO BIG DEAL. I didn't just try to drop it like it's hot and spill a drink all over myself. I don't know who told you that, but it's not true!
I smelled like Madori for the rest of the night. I was worried about slipping on the liquid, but no chance, as soon as that shit dried I was glued to the floor.
My friend went up to request a song. Do Something by Britney Spears. Another Nazi DJ. "I don't have Britney Spears." Of course using a tone that would suggest that she was crazy for asking. And then he played 'The Percolator.' Can I just ask what the fuck?
After the party, it was off to a bar. Good idea? Notice the question mark. Drinkies, dancies, passies outies. Let me count down for you the colors of Christmas that were in full effect last night:
1. Red lipstick, and lots of it. 2. Green complexions after several shots. 3. Red noses as a result of alcohol abuse. 4. Green envy.
I'm full of the fucking spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment