So just when I thought it was safe to resurface my support for the marriage issue I get knifed in the alley!
Yesterday I got a call from a friend. Her son, who hasn’t even been married a year, walked in on his wife with another man.
It was her son’s first real girlfriend and he was in that hard core first kind of love. Guess what’s going to happen now? He’s going to turn into an asshole in overdrive. In fact, if he needs advice on how to be one, I’ve got a few people I can refer him to.
Another friend of mine shared her story with me the other day as well.
She was desperately in love with a married man. He was desperately in love with her. But she had to call it off for obvious reasons. So she started up a mostly physical relationship with someone else to take her mind off of the married man of her dreams.
Years later he contacts her. He’s now separated and still desperate to be with her. She visits. All the feelings come rushing back and she is sucked into this love vortex once again. She flies back home in a love bubble. A few hours later he calls to tell her he’s with someone else. Turns out he was just really bitter about her physically moving on. It’s like I said, they don’t care about the ones you fall in love with. Just the ones you hold on to purely orgasmic reasons.
And one more for good measure. A good friend of mine decided to give her ex boyfriend another chance. They broke up for a variety of reasons, but one being that he wasn’t bonding with her children. She has two. But he has two as well. Things were fine and dandy when it came to his two, but he just couldn’t seem to get on board with hers. Time goes by, he’s in love. He realizes he made a mistake, he wants her back and he’s willing to do anything.
So they get back together. A month into the relationship she invites him to a movie with her and her sons. He asks why she’s inviting him. She says, well, you are my boyfriend and I figured I’d extend the invite. He responds by telling her to stop trying to shove her boys down his throat and that he’ll do what he wants when he wants and he won’t be ordered around. She tells him she’s a packaged deal and he hangs up on her. Only to post I love you on her facebook page the next day. Nothing like a dose of conditional love in the morning.
The world is Bi-polor and ADD. I HATE YOU. I love you. OH LOOK, something shiny. Just be careful. Cause It’s a knife baby, A KNIFE.

No comments:
Post a Comment