Friday, April 9, 2010

Currently Chasing: Porn-Free Hopes and Dreams

So my friend has a great blog about music and things of that nature. He used to post pretty often, but recently he has slowed down. A lot. Basically dead stop. I asked him the other day why he never blogs anymore. His answer was simple. Porn.

Every time he turns on his computer. There it is. The opportunity to surf porn. He never makes it to a blog. Why would he. There’s porn. Who can find their way to a blog when with a simple stroke of the keys (pun intended) you can be watching some girl get fisted? Blog who?

And it got me thinking. How much more could people accomplish if there was a porn-free internet? How many more hopes and dreams would be realized. How many mothers could sleep at night knowing their sons aren’t ‘accidentally’ type boobies into Google, just to see what will come up? And how many fathers would simply sleep, instead of accessing porn into the wee hours of the night.

It’s like going to a restaurant that is famous for ribs and ordering fish. Why are you having the fish? Because I always have the fish. But this place is famous for ribs, please try the ribs. I can’t see past the fisting. I mean fish. Fuck.

My ex was addicted to porn. It didn’t even matter what kind of porn it was. And he would sit on the couch and watch it on his laptop during commercials. He was fully clothed. It wasn’t even that the porn turned him on. He just liked to watch it. Kind of like playing solitaire. Only girls are getting cum shots in the eye and dudes are in the shower shooting water babies all over some chick’s ass.

There was even a brief time when I was addicted to it. I would literally watch whatever was on the front page of porn hub. I watched 15 minutes of a really chunky woman and her anorexic boyfriend. Why? I mean, I’m not a better person for having watched, let me assure you. But is it any different than going on Hulu and watching an old episode of The Office. It’s all entertainment right? Or at least that’s what we tell ourselves.

Actually, porn is a farce. Lesbians aren’t usually THAT beautiful. It’s not normal for girls to bleach the skin between their butt cheeks. Standing up isn’t a super comfortable, long term sexual position. No one enjoys anal THAT much. And friends don’t always come over and instantly join your happy hour.

Let’s start identifying porn for what it really is. Quite simply, sex with yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment