There’s a few things that YOU YOU YOU “Outta Know.” I’m single again. Hmmm. I don’t feel a difference. I guess when you’re only really in a relationship for a few weeks it’s hard to notice. Except that at lunch I only had one plate of Chinese. I usually go up for seconds. NOT THIS TIME. Break up diet. Here I come.
Here are a few of the last messages he sent to me:
“Will you marry me? I can’t wait to put a ring on you baby.”
“You’re all I really think about.”
“You are so good. You have me through whatever happens. You have such a good heart and I want it to belong to me.”
And it did. Until he gave it back. This morning. In an email, as some sort of attachment. Like, nevermind, I thought I wanted this … turns out it was just borrowed, but he returned it broken. So who is going to pay for this shit!
I’m not a hard woman to love. But I guess I’m also not a hard woman to unlove. Of course he wants to be friends. Have you seen my facebook lately? I have 800 friends dude. And none of them like what you’ve done.
On June 18 he tells me that words can’t explain how much he misses and loves me and then on June 20th he is telling me that I’ll always hold a special place in his heart, but it’s goodbye? And people wonder why I’m all fucked up. I even took a vow of celibacy. I’m surrounded by swinging dicks, and I was going to block every cock.
But a friend said it best … finding out that he was the wrong one after only a few weeks is a gift. Finding out after years and years of marriage is torture. The thing is, it still doesn’t feel like he’s the wrong one. It just feels like the wrong time. But thinking like that has kept me in past relationships for far too long and I can’t travel down that road anymore.
If I wanted a man who isn’t sure he wants me I’d just go back to my ex. Heck, I might do that anyway. It seems these days everyone is just settling for whomever is closest.
The feeling I feel right now is not unfamiliar. I’ve felt it before. I’ll feel it again. I want to just scream at the top of lungs “EVERYTIME I SCRATCH MY NAILS DOWN SOMEONE ELSE’S BACK I HOPE YOU FEEL IT.”
Cause he said some really magical things to me. But he’s a good writer. And a wizard so it seems. And he wrote his way right back out of all those magical things. Yet in the same paragraph told me that it was meant for us to fall in love so we could know it really existed.
AND ISN’T IT IRONIC. DON’T YOU THINK?
Because immediately after reading his words I was certain it didn’t exist. The last think I needed in my life to prove that love existed was for a man to enter it, promise me the world, tell me I was his dream girl, ask me to marry him, and then break my heart with the line, “I did this so you would realize true love is possible.”
ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME RIGHT NOW?
Hello Olive Garden, are you there? It’s me. And I need you to have some pasta and Mascato waiting for me STAT! Because you are my only true love. And I’d even go down on you in a theater.
P.S. (I know I’m making light of this situation, but two things remain true. I am actually in real pain over this situation. And I would go down on Fettuccini Alfredo in a theater.)

Oh man! I think it's the same relationship I had, only he waited 3 years before he did the same to me. I can't say anything helpful. I'm sorry for you. I'm still dealing with the emotions.
ReplyDeleteCarol
What the hell is with these fuckers? They are wonderful, giving men, they tell you all the "right" things, then they pat themselves on the back because they "showed" you that real love exists (or multiple orgasms, or whatever...) and then they suddenly remember that they can't be bothered. Yep. I was proposed to as well. He was the one making all the plans - not me.
ReplyDeleteIt could be that it's partly our fault. We sooo desperately want to hear the "right" things that we let down the armor. We no longer can smell the possible danger.
Not all men are maggots. But the maggots sure leave their mark.
Trish
What a fucking asshole! I hope that there are Olive Gardens nearby because you deserve all-you-can-eat Fettucine Alfredo!
ReplyDeleteE-mail if you need to vent. xoxo
“I did this so you would realize true love is possible.”
ReplyDeleteWhat the fucking fuck!? Does that make ANY sense to ANYONE?!?
And that's not his responsibility anyway -- you're a grown-ass woman and can realize that on your own, thank you very much!
I have had a blog entry written since June 10 that is being dropped Thursday at 1 p.m. (because that's what time I get out of work and I have Friday off, so I don't have to face my co-workers for a while after they see it). You're gonna wanna read it. We're kind of on the same wavelength right now.
Ack. This guy eats it!
ReplyDelete