I opened up the menu and was overwhelmed by the options. It was just like back in states and I had forgotten what it felt like to make a decision of that caliber. I couldn't decide. I kept going back and forth between the chicken strips and the pasta. Turns out I was worried for nothing. Neither one was available. And no hamburgers. So I ordered a Strawberry shake but they only had chocolate shakes. FINE! Just bring me a menu with what you fucking have available next time. You can probably just write it on one of the KFC napkins. (Earlier in the week I had visited KFC and they were out of napkins. Now I see why.)
So I'm staring at the menu trying to find something else to order. I notice that the menu states that the theme of TGI Fridays was inspired by Banum and Bailey's Circus. Um, that would be Barnum. ... Maybe they
were thinking, ah shit - we fucked up on the menus - fuck it, send em to Afghanistan.
were thinking, ah shit - we fucked up on the menus - fuck it, send em to Afghanistan.
So I end up ordering the Ceaser Salad and calling it a day. My friend got the Salad as well, another friend got the Ribs and I forget what B got...but it was something equally awful I'm sure. Our salads came out pretty fast. And no wonder...it doesn't take long to lather lettuce in mayonnaise and call it Ceaser. I'm not playing. It was soaked. It didn't just have a hint of mayonnaise; it was like someone dipped each leaf in a vat of that shit. Needlesstosay, I sucked down my chocolate shake and called it a meal. We ended up waiting another 45 minutes before they brought out the Ribs.
My question is who did they take these ribs from? A Horse? As you can see, they were bigger than the person who ordered them. They were the only thing at the table that was edible, so she shared with us all.
Thank you poor dead horse. I wonder if this is the one I'm always beating.

They're beef ribs. Did you really expect pork?
ReplyDelete"... fuck it, send em to Afghanistan."
ReplyDeleteT, your writing is hilarious!
Shit the fridays in the states sucks!!!
ReplyDeleteHello my hopefully still friend. LOL. Just seeing how you are doing and just thinking of you. If you want to chat hit me back. You know my email. If not its ********.aol.com
ReplyDeleteCrazy! Annie Platinum
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you added a photo to the post since just the description of ribs from a horse wouldn't have done them justice. Wow.
ReplyDeleteI had actually heard about and was looking for this place until I read this. I haven't had anything but DFAC since I got here a few months back. Maybe it's for the better that I don't try to replicate food from the states here. Totally different supply chain. How can someone who has never had a good burger make you a good burger? I want to ask them "WHAT DO YOU MAKE WELL?". Hummus? Tabouleh? Lamb? I'd go for that if it were well-made!
ReplyDelete