Games are great. They challenge your mind. They offer up a chance at friendly competition. They make me want to shoot someone in the face.
Over the holidays a group of my friends decided to play a game called Things. How you play the game:
One person in your group asks a question...for example, what shouldn't you cook for dinner? Then everyone else writes down an answer, folds up that answer and hands it to the person who asked the question. That person then reads all of the answers. Then one by one everyone except the reader gets a chance to guess at who answered what to the question. If someone guesses your answer, you are out. If you guess someone elses answer, you get a point. He with the most points wins. And the reader alternates between the players.
So there we were. All playing nicely. The question is thrown out there:
What would you like to find in your horoscope?
I realize pretty quick that I should answer with something I wouldn't care to find in my horoscope so that no one will guess my answer. So I write down...sports scores.
Just like I planned, no one guessed and I ended up winning that round with 7 points. When it came out that I had written that answer, the others caught on. It was like, oh...you answered the opposite of what you normally would so no one would guess your answer...smart!
So for the next round...I figured...I'm going to guess like me. You know, to throw everyone off.
So the question came out. What shouldn't you say to a teacher?
So I write down, you suck at life.
So the reader has the answers and she reads them all off. And then someone yells out my answer and says, that was probably Terrina. So the next person to guess went ahead and took a guess. Um, Terrina said...you suck at life. And there it was. I was out of that round. And pissed.
From then on I referred to that person as a cheater. I made it CLEAR that I was utterly annoyed. Truth be told, I'm a terrible sport. I don't play games I can't win, or at least place high in. And if I have to lose, I don't so much mind .... IF I LOSE FAIR AND SQUARE. I don't like losing because someone cheated.
On with the story.
So round three. The question is, What shouldn't you call your children?
I wrote Sinners.
The reader reads the answers...and what do you think happens? The same guy says...Ha, Sinners...that was Terrina.
THAT WAS IT!!
I threw down my remaining pieces of paper and excused myself from the game. And by excused myself I mean I stomped out cussing and screaming and telling everyone they were assholes. Did I mention my daughter was in the room? Yeah, I'm a mess.
And the poorest of sports apparently.
and a bad mom.
Bottom line: I shouldn't be allowed to play games.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment