I promise I will find the funny again.
But for now ... This:
My mom is in heaven. It’s ok. I’m ok.
Maybe.
I haven’t totally dealt with it yet. I’ve lived so far away
from her that heaven could possibly just be Italy. We’ve been that far apart
before. This is how it will be for the rest of my life. She’s not dead. I’m
just in Italy - or on a ship somewhere…and she’s safe and sound. Only now that
is probably truer than it ever was.
My mother was our rock. Honestly.
My family seems to be at war since her passing. Everyone used to just complain
to her. She would take it all in, swallow it, and turn it into smiles and
positivity. I’m convinced that harmful energy turned into the Cancer that
killed her.
I miss her.

You missing her means she was a very good mom indeed. She certainly turned out a good daughter.
ReplyDeleteOhmygod I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. I teared up reading your sweet tribute to her. Giant internet hug.
ReplyDeleteShe's in Italy, and you can still write her letters. She'll see, from Italy-Heaven. xoxoxoxoxo
I am glad you are going to write again. I miss it. You are so good at it.
ReplyDeleteG
Cheers Terrina(sp). I love you and your talent for writing. For a long while.after my Father died, I waited on a phone call that I never received...I think it protected my mind.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!
ReplyDeleteItalian.