(Original Post: April 1, 2006 - Saturday)
It's Saturday. I should be out, getting drunk and snapping random phone photos right? Hell no. I'm sick. And I'm coughing up a lung, watching Kelly Clarkson videos. Looks like it's going to be a law and order kinda night.
I want to eat, but every time I swallow it's like tiny knives are carving the alphabet down my throat. I need to swallow something that burns, like tequila. Or something that soothes. No comments please.
I went out with a friend earlier. We had lunch and then got pedicures and manicures. I probably should not have braved the outing, but damn. You can only sit inside your misery for so many hours before it tries to eat you alive. She took me to bed, bath and beyond. I bought a scale.
I was going to just buy the twenty dollar scale, but some dude was like, hey, this one calculates body fat and water weight. And I said, why would I want to pay more money for something that will only cause me pain. But he shot me a look like, come on girl; you've got nothing to worry about. My friend told me he was clearly flirting. (I've forgotten what that looks/sounds like, but I'll take her word for it.) So he hands me one of the more expensive scales and we head to the check out.
So thank you mystery man. That compliment cost me fifty bucks.
I did get broken up with earlier this week. The fifty bucks for the compliment seemed like a small price to pay in comparison.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment