(Original Post: September 23, 2005 - Friday)So there I was. In a taxi and on my way to BWI. I planned to take an airplane to Key West Fmy friendda. I mean, sure, there was a Hurricane getting ready to hit the Keys, but since when have I been afraid of a little rain. And besides, it was still just a tropical storm when we left...So, get to the airport and try to change our tickets to come back on Thursday instead of Saturday. They laugh in our face and say, sure, $800 apiece to change the ticket. I'm like, um, yeah...NO. So I figure, fuck it, we are staying on vacation till Saturday. Whatever. So we head to our gate only to realize it's the wrong gate. Find the right gate and we are on our way.Get to the gate in Orlando, hand them our tickets. "Are you residents of Key West?" "NO," I say. They are like, well hello; they are evacuating the area and only allowing residents through. There is no power on the island and people are eating out of cans and collecting bottles of water. So I figure, Orlando is nice...We'll just stay there. We head to the ticket counter and they hook us up with that Thursday flight back...All fees waved (Thanks Hurricane Rita.) So we get a car rental...cool convertible, and we find a place to stay (like 50 bucks a night....awesome) and we are calling ourselves on vacation.I find a bead shop and buy some beads and jewelry making equipment...decide to make some jewelry while I'm on break (it's relaxing I swear.) We eat at some pretty great places, I have the best sandwich in the world, and we visit Disney World which is totally cool. It was raining and there were no lines. We saw the whole park in a couple of hours. We shop, visit Ripley's Believe it or Not...I get drunk...shocker. And overall we have a great time.A few delays on the ride home but overall, nice break. Now I'm a few pounds heavier, haven't worked out in a week, and feel like a lump of blah...that's how you know you had a good time.P.S. I'm out!

No comments:
Post a Comment