Friday, June 19, 2009

Did you hear the one about the shrink?

(Original Post: November 14, 2006 - Tuesday)

I'm about to start a new relationship. I usually hate getting into something different. The whole introduction phase, the 'getting to know you' bullshit. I met him online. I mean, where else right?
No one has time to go searching anymore. Unless of course your search only requires you to enter a zip code. But I'm willing to drive a bit for this one. I could have picked someone closer to me. I would probably be able to see him more often. But if you know me, you know I like to drive far, far away to visit my men.So I'm anxious.
We are meeting Monday. Will he like me? Will he judge me? He's going to want me on my back. Men are all the same right? Hopefully we can talk a bit first. I mean, eventually I will lay down for him, but just not right away. This is my first time after all.
People have been telling me to hook up with a guy like him. But I never listen. Instead I date an arm biter or a coworker. Instead I get involved with a Nazi or some other crazy. Finally though, I'm ready. I can tell this one is going to last. We spoke on the phone today and I could just hear concern in his voice.
He's not going to ignore me for days on end. He's not going to hide how he feels. He's not going to make me apologize for how I am. He's going to accept me. Wow, what a concept. He has a PhD. And I'm going to have to pay him by the hour. But he's going to teach me how not to abandon myself. Let the therapy begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment