Friday, June 19, 2009

Twenty-ten and the mystery globe

(Original Post: November 7, 2006 - Tuesday)

So today is the day. Thirty years ago today I was hatched. I mean, if you want to get super technical, I actually turned 30 nine months ago. How come that time in the womb doesn't count for anything?

Gift cards are all the rage these days.
I've received a gift card to Victorias Secret, Golden Corral, Target and Hair experts! I will soon be a new underwear having, new hair color sporting, new jeans wearing chick who is slightly heavier. All because my mom and dad had unprotected sex when they were 19.I got flowers in the mail today and my students sang happy birthday. They all signed a card and wished me well. Truly concerned. I also received a Globe. I do not know who sent the globe. It is however, beautiful. I mean, it stands out and I would like to thank whoever got it for me. But no one has come forward to claim it. So if it is you dear reader, well thank you. Although yesterday I was lost looking for Outback, and the globe was pretty much useless. How about some GPS next year huh? Just install it in my car when I'm not looking, since it seems to turn you on to give gifts and get no credit.
As for tonight, it's Tuesday. I'm not living it up or partying down. I'm not painting the town or even touring it. I am watching some TV and then calling it a night. I'm tired and I have the bi-annual physical readiness test tomorrow. The bad news is I have to wake up early. The good news is I'm 30 and 11 push-ups is passing when you're 30. If I can pump out 17 the Navy will think I'm a super stud. So will I to be honest.But after the glow of the new PRT numbers fade, well, it'll just be Wednesday. And I'll just be in my 30s. Twenty-ten. A lot has to happen this year.1. I have to buy a house.2. I have to clean up my credit. (probably not in that order)3. I have to find out who sent that fucking mystery globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment