Monday, June 1, 2009

Everyone has dirty laundry

(Original Post: May 24, 2006 - Wednesday)

At any given time I have four loads of laundry that need to be done. I always seem to get around to doing a load or two, but there is this constant revolving two loads that just never gets done.
So I started to think about dirty laundry in the literal sense.
I had to get my tires rotated today and I was almost too embarrassed because of all the junk in my car.
So I started to think about Junk in the literal sense.
If it's true that your car reflects your life, then my life contains a lot of water bottles and random directions to Virginia. And if your room reflects your past life, then mine contains a lot of white T-shirts and a ton of black socks.
I pay someone twice a month to clean my house. But they do not do laundry, and they do not wash cars. So that leaves me to deal with these subliminal symbols of irresponsibility and immaturity.
My point is this: When do these issues actual get resolved? I mean yeah, let's say I do all my laundry. I still have to put it away. And even if I do manage to get that far ahead of the game, I'm still going to have to wash the outfit I have on. And the minute I put my car through the wash it's going to rain. And the minute I clean out the inside, I'm going to need those directions. So what's the point?
Everyone has dirty laundry. In the literal sense. And my car, as much as I hate to admit it, will always be full of clutter, and will always somehow represent my life. And the fact that we actually believe there is someone alive with no dirty laundry, no secret closet, no skeletons, no car mess and new car smell to top it off, only shows me that we live in a world where beautiful women cook and clean for dwarfs.
I need to stop setting a standard so high even I can't reach it. And I will continue to remind myself of this while the washer and dryer aim to wash away my sins. As far as my car goes. It will remain dirty until I get a boyfriend. Love me, love the bottles and directions

No comments:

Post a Comment