Monday, June 1, 2009

Women get so excited over nothing-

(Original Post: May 12, 2006 - Friday)

-and then they marry him. I remember a few blogs back I couldn't wait to get married. And now that I've grown some (it's been three months) I realize I don't want to get married. Not right away. I take a look around and I realize how wonderful life can be when you get to do whatever you want.

I took a look at my room today. I mean I really looked. It is a room for a couple. Seriously. Two sinks. Two closets. Two towel holders. Well fuck that. I use all that shit myself. Those closets are full. I use the sink on the right to do my business and the sink on the left to store all my stuff. I use one towel holder for decoration and one for actual use. I need all my space. I don't have room for a man.
Last night My friend and I decided to go out to eat. So we went. No permission. No excuses. This weekend I'm going out of town to meet up with friends and there is no one to question my intentions. I make phone calls and send text messages and no one is trying to go through my phone to see who I'm calling. When my bills come, I pay them. I can lay on the couch all day without hearing a single word about it. People say money can't buy you love...but it can buy battery operated love. And that's all I really want to afford right now. I'm not exactly singing the praises of being single, because of course, if mr. right comes along, well I'm down. But I'm not all wrapped up in trying to find a husband like I was when I was younger ... (three months ago.) So I'm getting my coat and leaving this party. I'm going to stand out in the rain like everyone else. I'll buy an umbrella. With all the money I'm saving on love, lord knows I can afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment