(Original Post: April 30, 2006 - Sunday)
When I was a kid me and my best friend broke into a house. Well, we didn't exactly break in, the key was under the mat. Anyway, it was a Sunday. We took some money and a few stamps and a bag of chips. A year or so later I joined the Mormon church. (That is another blog in itself.)
One of the things you must do according to the LDS is repent all of your sins to the Bishop. He will forgive you, and you are on your way. I planned on laying my break-in debacle on the line. It would be nice to finally share this information. However, when I entered the office, the Bishop was none other than the owner of that house! That Sunday we chose to break in he was most likely speaking to his congregation on the importance of being honest and trusting your neighbors.
My point is this ... I did not tell him the truth that day. Instead I made up a couple sins to repent for. Told him I lie to my parents, whatever. Just some random shit. And I learned that day that honesty isn't always the best policy.
I say all that to say this. Watch the movie Closer. I don't know what got me thinking about this honesty stuff. Possibly it is because I have been lied to so hard core the past few months, and then have been bitch-slapped with the truth. Is bitch slapped one word or two? With a hyphen?
Anyway, I've come to this conclusion. There is no need to be extremely honest. Save extreme for sports and bum fights. If you like someone, just let them know you like them, do not confess undying love. And if you want someone to stick around for awhile. Don't call them at all. Don't answer when they call. And possibly even kill something they love.
The cool thing is they will love you forever. The bad thing is you'll never know because the two of you will never speak again. Dr. Me out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment