Monday, June 1, 2009

Oh how easily I forget

(Original Post: April 23, 2006 - Sunday)
I locked my keys in the car last night. AGAIN. I drove down to Virginia for work, and last night on my way out I stopped by my car to grab my ID and my credit card. I put my keys on the seat, grabbed my stuff, locked the door and shut it. As soon as I did I almost shoved my fist through the window. (A friend of mine has a habit of putting his fist through windows, and at that exact moment I knew exactly how something like that could happen!) Anyway, there I am. Pissed. I decide not to worry about it until the next day.
The thing is I have an appointment Monday to get keyless entry installed on my vehicle, which I by the way forgot till just now. Only, I'm not going to make the appointment now because I am in Virginia. So this was bound to F'n happen. Again. I just locked my keys in the car a few weeks ago. What the hell is my problem? At least I'm getting my money's worth out of my insurance.
When I went out today with a coat hanger I ran into a guy walking to his car. He said, I can help you out. He gets a slim jim out of his car. NICE. He starts to go to work on one side, while I'm trying the coat hanger on the other side. He says, Damn, Honda and Ford are easier cars to get into. I don't want to know why he knows that, but I guess it should have made me feel better knowing we could not break into this car. My point is, I forget everything. I forget my ID on a daily basis. I have locked myself out of the house more often than I'd like to admit. I'm surprised My friend still talks to me with the amount of times she's had to drive home from work to let me in.
I lost my credit card a while back and forgot to call the companies who charge that card monthly for my gym memberships. Yes, I have more than one, and keep forgetting to cancel. Anyway, I actually did remember to cancel the gold membership, but because I forgot to remind them of the credit card change, they were unable to charge the last payment. Therefore my account is not current, therefore they cannot cancel it. So now I'm in the hole for not only last month, but next month as well, due to the fact that you have to cancel 30 days out! I was supposed to go there the other day to get current and then cancel, but, you guessed it, I fucking forgot!
I left the house last weekend without the DANE COOK TICKETS. I forgot about the Eminem concert and ended up not going! I still have the tickets in my cabinet. I forget where I park. I forget what I've written checks for. I am always looking for my keys. I am a forgetful person. I forget to call people back. In fact, last weekend I reminded my friend to remind me that I needed to drop off some papers and stop at the store. He forgot to remind me, and I didn't remember till almost midnight. I almost forgot to pick up my uniforms before driving out to Virginia for work! It was 4:15 before I remembered, which gave me 45 minutes to get my shit and gear and get down there before the place closed. I never know where my credit cards are. I forget how much money is in my account. I don't know where my insurance cards are. I keep forgetting to get an oil change.
I'll tell you what though. I didn't forget to pick up a white T-shirt for my daughter's class project, and I don't forget to eat. But I did forget that I was supposed to have a student-teacher conference with her daycare provider next week. Damn, I just remembered that! But I won't call to cancel. And I'll forget to apologize for the inconvenience.

I was going to end this with a witty remark, but, I forgot the witty remark

No comments:

Post a Comment