I have been bombarded with the word "real" lately. Real life. Real world. Real love. Real bullshit.Who defines what's real? We've got fake tits, fake eye color, fake nails, fake hair; even fake sympathy and remorse. It's all an act to keep the people around us pleased. The better we look, the more we smile, the softer we appear, the more chance we have of succeeding and gaining acceptance. We fake it in the workplace and in the bedroom. We fake it at the checkout stand and in the drive thru. Can I get a Happy Meal with Fake fries and a diet coke. Unconditional. The only way to be real is to be unconditional. Accept people for exactly who they are and allow them to do whatever it is that makes them happy. Actually care about someone else's happiness more than you care about your own. Try taking responsibility for your own feelings once in a while.
The other day I sent an email. I expected an email in return. It never appeared. I started to get upset. I started to feel vulnerable and needy. So I sent another email. I expected an email in return this time for sure. Still nothing. Now I'm mad. I blame the recipient of my emails. How dare he hurt me like this. Real means having no expectations. Never being disappointed. And doing things without cause or hope for a return on your investment.Today I sent an email because I wanted to. I didn't expect a response. And I didn't get one. But I wasn't upset. I wasn't even let down or disappointed. Because my intentions weren't fake. I only wanted to send an email. No expectations, therefore no disappointment. However, I just sent a text message. It's been ten minutes with no response. I feel myself getting a bit irritated. I'm such a fake conditional bitch. But my tits are real.

No comments:
Post a Comment