Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Currently Chasing: Answers

Sex in the City. A great television series. But much more.

That series taught me more about myself and sex than school, my mom, my 'cousins' or my own obscure curiosities ever did.

Each show began with a question and finished with an answer.

Wouldn't it be great if real life was like that? If at the beginning of each day we rose with a question, and by the time we hit the pillow that night, the answer was at clear as a TV voice over.

Most of my questions are answered by the end of the day. I wake up with questions like, what I am going to have for lunch? Or what am I going to wear today? And by noon, those questions are in the bag.

But then there are the questions like, when am I going to feel like I'm an adult. Or when am I going to get him out of my head? Or how come my pinky toe is fucking stuck to the toe next to it? or, How come I don't know the official name of that toe next to the pinky..the piggy that got none.

Whatever. There are questions that will never have answers, no matter how many new beds I buy, no matter how many times I pose the questions, no matter how much I eat and no matter how many times I delete his number from my phone. And then put it back in.

And fine. Let them stay a mystery. How much fun would it be if all life's questions were answered in thirty minute episodes? Although I would like to find out about that toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment