Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Currently Chasing: Face to Face contact

I'm sick of single sites. Christian singles, harmony.com, match.com, yahoopersonal.com, craigslist. Fuck!

Every time I open my inbox some dating site has spammed the fuck out of me talking about how someone has a crush on me, someone winked, someone wants to date, someone sent an email, someone searched my name, someone wants to touch my tits...whatever!

I can't even drive down the road without all the SINGLE? signs. I mean, seriously? How did people meet back in the day?

They fucking left the house! They mingled. They had hobbies. They went to church to meet Christians, they didn't wait for them to log on. They went to town hall meetings. They married the person they dated in high school. They didn't set ridiculous standards and expectiations and then continually update them like a fucking facebook status.

They didn't focus totally on looks completely overlooking all of the other things that make up a person.

I have drifted into the scary online world of dating. I dated two people from that realm. One who promised the world and delivered a glove. And one who asked if he could have my underwear on the first date.

I meet enough freaks in real lief. I don't think I need the added stress of playing the 'how much of this profile is real' game.

Most of these profiles boast a man making two-to-three thousand bucks a year and looking like something out of a dirty fireman calender. Paleeze! If he's an amazon God with a paycheck to match then he probably has a penis the size of a straw that his girlfriend will use to suck down enough drinks every night to fuck him.

Am I bitter? No. And don't get me wrong. At this point in the economy, it would be nice to find someone to foot half of the bill for life in general. Because it sure ain't getting any cheaper. But I'd rather be broke and happy than rich and drunk.

Lay off the online profile pages. Even if it means taking yourself out for a date. I like me a lot. I'd do me and not call myself in the morning. I'd make bad decisions with myself. As long as none of them involved a computer and a screen name.

No comments:

Post a Comment