I bought a new bed today. Not because I wanted to. Mostly because the group of guys that helped me move insisted on it.
"You ARE planning on getting a new bed right?"
I said, "Sure, but it is not my number one priority."
"Well it should be."
Hmmm. So there it was. Buy a new bed or we will all think you are a nasty girl. so fuck. I was stuck. At that point they were all eyeing the bed like it was infected with AIDS or something. I was like dude, "I got the couches from the same chick...what about the couches?"
"The couches are fine, it's just the bed."
One friend even added..."I need a shower just touching it."
Wow. So there it is again. What do you want us to do with this nasty AIDS infested mattress? Do you want us to bring it into your house? Or throw it away...(as they are already on the way to the dumpster.) So I whispered ever so faint...throw it out I guess.
So for a month I slept in my daughter's extra bed. I have an entire bedroom set and no bed. The entire purpose of the BEDroom is to house a bed. It's a whole fucking room for a bed..yet no bed.
And to be honest...the bed was fine. I've slept on worse...I'm in the Navy for fucks sake.
So a few days later one of those same gentlemen asks..."So, got a bed yet?"
I say no...because in all honesty, with everything else going on, I really didn't have the money for a new bed. Not a nice bed. Not the kind of bed you want to come home to. No the kind of bed they build rooms for.
So he says, "Look, figure out how much you can spend and I'll front the rest."
And so it was. We found one today. A super soft, super clean BED. A bed with no AIDS. It's the first time I've ever owned a bed that wasn't previously owned.
Is that gross? I don't know. My ex-boyfriend owned a bed that wasn't previously owned, but it isn't mine...never was apparently. Now I have one of my own.
And I don't even care if I never share it.

No comments:
Post a Comment