Sunday, January 10, 2010

Currently Chasing: The Guy at the Gas Station

So I am at Wawa pumping gas and just kind of thinking about my relationship...or lack there of...and how I've never really had fun in my relationship anyway, so why even mourn the loss right? And then I see him...A fun guy. He walks out of Wawa and he is just kinda laughing with his friend. He looks fun. Not polished. But still cute. But not "I have to look in the mirror every fucking minute" cute. And he's wearing a Red Hot chili Pepper sweater...so there's that. And at that point I'm not sure if that's a pro or a con...but we make eye contact and it's on.

I guess I should point out that the day before I heard something on the radio about a couple meeting at a gas station...and it got me thinking. If they can do it, why can't I?

So I keep looking and keep pumping my gas...but still looking. and every time I look he is looking. So I get in my car and think, fuck it. I'm going to give him my number. So I do. He seems shocked. My friend says I've ruined him now. I've blown his head up. One day he'll be sitting around listening to people talk about how hard it is to meet women and he'll be like, dude, it's not hard. I was at the Wawa once and this beautiful girl just walked up and gave me her number. And that's the story of how I met your mother.

Whatever. I gave him the number. And he called. Three times. He kept asking to meet me out. But truth is, when I actually handed him the number I could tell he was a bit young. And listening to his language on the answering machine, he might be even younger than I thought. so I was kind of regretting giving him the number.

I was right. He was 24. I don't agree to meet him out that night, but I do agree to meet him out the next day. At Wawa. Yes, I agreed to meet him for a date at the same gs station where we met. It made sense at the time. I don't want to be somewhere with tables. that would mean I would have to sit down and make conversation. I didn't want to go to his house and I definitly didn't want him knowing where I live, so what were my options? A sandwich at Wawa.

Of course people gave me a hard time about this...like, it's ok to meet a guy at Wawa, but it's not ok to meet a guy at Wawa...again! But I stand by my choice.

so we meet up. It's ok. He bought me a sandwich. I know what you want to know. What kind? Turkeyon wheat. No cheese. We talk. He's young. Saving all his money to buy a new car kind of young. It was an experience. And I can say I took a chance. The funny thing is when we met back up he was wearing a shirt with the number 32 on it. Like I needed a reminder of the age difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment