So why do these stories just keep getting worse. I went to get my phone fixed today. I had the day off and there were just a bunch of things I needed to get done. So I walk in and this guys starts helping me. He's nice. And he's 34...which is good. Not that I'm hung up on the age thing, but this weekend I went out and got hit on twice by guys not even out of high school and the last date I went on was with a 24 year old that I met at Wawa.
So, he's in the right age group. However, he works at T-mobile. But fuck it, who cares right? It's just about having fun. so he asks me to go to lunch with him. I have no where else to be, so I say ok. We go to Subway. What's up with me and sandwich shops? At least it is not a damn gas station.
Anyway, in that 30 minutes it was clear to me why he was single. He was married. He cheated on his wife with a mutual friend who was also married. They both got divorced and got together. Things didn't work out and they broke up. He could not afford his house on his own so it was foreclosed on. He now lives with his mother. He has two children. His son has Autism and keeps getting kicked out of school. Because of this he has to leave work almost every day to get his son from school because the teachers don't know how to handle him. This has lead to his son being very behind in school. He's 10 and cannot read.
I asked hi if he has done any research on methods he could use to help his son. He said he's not really good at doing research. I'd get good. But anyway.
Then he saysthat because he keeps having to leave work, they are going to suspend him. which means they let him go for 20 days. So he's now worried about money for Christmas...because that is a month without a paycheck. Then he says he's looking for a serious girlfriend, but it's hard because girls hear his story and assume he is a loser and they don't care about the back story. Whih is not very impressive actually.
So as I am getting ready to leave he gives me his number and says...hey, call me. I've got nothing to do for the next 20 days. Wow.
Too bad I'm busy. Very busy. Extremely busy...changing my cell phone plan as soon as possible, and over the phone.
So, he's in the right age group. However, he works at T-mobile. But fuck it, who cares right? It's just about having fun. so he asks me to go to lunch with him. I have no where else to be, so I say ok. We go to Subway. What's up with me and sandwich shops? At least it is not a damn gas station.
Anyway, in that 30 minutes it was clear to me why he was single. He was married. He cheated on his wife with a mutual friend who was also married. They both got divorced and got together. Things didn't work out and they broke up. He could not afford his house on his own so it was foreclosed on. He now lives with his mother. He has two children. His son has Autism and keeps getting kicked out of school. Because of this he has to leave work almost every day to get his son from school because the teachers don't know how to handle him. This has lead to his son being very behind in school. He's 10 and cannot read.I asked hi if he has done any research on methods he could use to help his son. He said he's not really good at doing research. I'd get good. But anyway.
Then he saysthat because he keeps having to leave work, they are going to suspend him. which means they let him go for 20 days. So he's now worried about money for Christmas...because that is a month without a paycheck. Then he says he's looking for a serious girlfriend, but it's hard because girls hear his story and assume he is a loser and they don't care about the back story. Whih is not very impressive actually.
So as I am getting ready to leave he gives me his number and says...hey, call me. I've got nothing to do for the next 20 days. Wow.
Too bad I'm busy. Very busy. Extremely busy...changing my cell phone plan as soon as possible, and over the phone.

No comments:
Post a Comment