So the other day me and a group of friends decided to go to breakfast. We wrestled with the decision of where we should go. We narrowed it down to Bob Evans. Then we wrestled with the decision of which Bob Evans we should go to. But we decided on laurel. And by we, I mean them, because I hate making decisions. Mostly because they are always wrong.
So anyway, an older gentleman friend and I arrive first. The waiter will tell me later that we were dubbed the MILF and the old guy. Nice title for a book. Not too long after that the rest of our friends join us and we are on our way to obesity in no time.
The waiter comes to take our order and he looks like someone I know. I can’t think of whom, so I just order. Although I can’t decide of course…so he goes around the table and then back to me. I pick banana and blueberry French toast although it’s probably the wrong choice.
“You don’t want any meat with that?” he asks.
And without even thinking about how it’s going to sound I answer,
“I’ll take my meat to go, thanks.”
Now at first I don’t think much about it. But right away the others at the table start looking at me and I realize that I’ve kind of just asked this guy to wrap his dong up for me with a side of Bob Evans Gravy.
“It’s going to be a good day for me I guess,” is how he responds.
I’m a bit embarrassed, but curious nonetheless.
So not long after that it dawns on me who this guy looks like. So I ask him, has anyone ever told you that you look like…
“Justin Timberlake?” he says cutting me off.
“Yes, Justin Timberlake,” I say.
“Yeah, I get that a lot.”
So now I’m a little interested, although I know he’s young. Twenty four to be exact. And he’s a waiter at Bob Evans. So there’s that. Although I do love their mini sampler.
So by now the end of the meal is approaching and little Justin comes over to ask if there is anything else we’d like. My friend at the end of the table says, one more thing. She’d like your number. I quickly blurt out…
“If you are in a relationship, then I totally understand.”
I wanted to give him an out. I didn’t want to be embarrassed by rejection.
But instead he quickly says, he’s not. And with that, he writes his number down and hands it to me. And I know right away that’s it’s a bad decision, but probably better than the French toast.

No comments:
Post a Comment