Have you ever paid for sex? And I’m not talking about in relationships where you feel like you’re paying dearly. And I’m also not referring to the thousands of dollars women drop on IEDs. Impossible to Emulate Devices. What I’m really talking about is paying cold hard cash for the mash.
And would you be willing to pay your spouse for sex if it somehow improved your love life? I mean, do we really ever do anything that won’t somehow make us money? I think we can all agree we are a society motivated by money.
So why did I find it odd the other day when I heard about a woman who charges her husband for sex. She made up a sexual menu. He could have whatever he wanted on the menu, even Rump Roast. The only thing she asked in return was that he paid for his selections. Every sexual act came at a cost.
I also read a magazine article that suggested men pull out $200, lay it on the nightstand, and tell their ladies they can ‘earn it.’ The article said that most of the time women feel obligated to have sex. But by showing them the money, that gives them a WIFM (What’s in it for Me) they can’t refuse.
Some guys feel like they are paying for sex one way or another, so why not just pay for the kind that doesn’t have three kids from a previous marriage and $400,000 in student loans attached to it. I can’t say I completely disagree with this theory. I’ve never paid money for sex. But my heart has had to pay a hefty price more than once when it came to falling for men who only really wanted a sexual relationship. I wish they would have just ‘put the money on the nightstand.’ At least then I would have known exactly what I was in store for.
Then there are the guys who pay … and don’t feel like they got their monies worth. A friend of mine bought the bed I currently own. I’m sure he didn’t plan originally on just doing that out of the kindness of his heart. I mean, when is the last time someone bought you a bed that they weren’t planning to share with you? I’m sure he’d of rather taken that money to Baltimore. At least there he could pay to play.
Plenty of my guy friends have admitted to having paid for sex, but it’s all the same awkward “I only did it once” story.
“We were in a foreign country and I couldn’t understand what she was saying and by the time I realized, I had already fucked her, so I had to pay.”
Or …
“She would have done it for free, but I felt bad because she is saving for medical school.”
Or my personal favorite …
“I thought I was just giving her a ride home, and then all of a sudden she asked if I had the money and I didn’t, but by then I felt like I was under contract, so I went to an ATM and got the money … but it’s not like I wanted to do it, especially when half way through our business some guy came into the room and asked if she’d be able to drive him to the liquor store later. Awkward.”
Yes, awkward. But which part? The part where you didn’t want to do it, but physically left the house to get money? Or the part where she was 350 pounds of paid for love?
But really, who am I to judge? And my conversation with a good friend pretty much summed it all up for me today.
“There are people paying for sex? Who are they?” he asked.
“I don’t know, just people,” I told him.
“Oh yeah?” he said. “Where are they going to get it?”
The bank my dear. The bank.

I think it's a great idea but I always date guys who are totally broke so I guess either way I am getting fucked.
ReplyDeleteSo much talk about female prostitution made me think, is he gay? (smile) Its funny, I just talked about this EXACT subject today. The idea is yes, EVERYONE is paying for sex, one way or another. Prostitution gets American dollars, while married couples and even people dating pay for it in one way or another (you could even call it opportunity cost, a business term, omg, wikipedia has it defined). Then we look at porn stars... they are paid to have sex, film it, and have it distributed to the public. So, why is prostitution bad? Sure pay them for sex, give the payer one dollar back, and film the situation for the public... prostitute gone porn star, so what if the model, "actor," is solicited from the street corner from his car.
ReplyDeleteImpossible to Emulate Devices --> OMG, I haven't heard this before, very cute. However, I would say, it is not impossible, emulating sex is easy... emulating a relationship is hard... what was that movie where the guy fell in love with a mannequin.
Eh, I wouldn't really think your friend who bought you a bed MUST have that on his mind -- possibly, but such an act doesn't form an ABSOLUTE. Relationships are complicated, and they get more complicated as they go... the feeling of love and considering a non-blood related person as family is always the great aspect of relationships. Sadly, when it ends (and if it has been 5 to 10 years) you realize that it was a non-documented business agreement :-) However, if you are smart, after the smoke clears after the atomic bomb exploded your relationship, you will realize that there were AWESOME times.