Ok. I have a question. How often do looks rule out over actual personality and connection? I’m watching the final episode of the Bachelor and thank God I have short hair, because if not I’d have to have someone hold it back while I throw the fuck up.
I’m sure not all of my readers are fans of this absurd and ridiculous show, so let me just sum it up. Guy meets really skinny beautiful girl and falls in love instantly. Then spends the rest of the season pretending to connect with other people for the sake of the show. But here’s the thing. He never even truly connected with the skinny beautiful girl. All of the other girls try desperately to prove their love. They swim with sharks, jump off cliffs, ride elephant, zip line through the jungle and do whatever crazy fucking thing he wants them to do. But this skinny beautiful girl, he spends the whole time proving his love to her. She doesn’t have to swim with sharks … instead she gets a helo ride to a mountain top, falls asleep during their dates and overall is just a total snore fest.
He wants her because he can’t really have her. She wanted to win the game, and she did. But they never really had a connection. And he is just that shallow. And like most men he craves what he can’t have. She is literally telling him on a daily basis that she doesn’t think she can do this. That she wants to leave. That it is all too much for her. And he is fighting tooth and nail to keep her. Every moment is a forced and awkward conversation. And every single thing he says to her is a cheesy line out of a bad movie.
“You are my forever.”
“I love you so very much.”
“Please make me the happiest I’ve ever been in my whole life.”
All code for –
“I’m a shallow piece of shit and you better not gain weight.”
He picked pretty over personality and connection and he is suffering the consequences. Watching them on TV is hard. They are not right for each other. He just keeps telling her how beautiful she is. Not how fun she is, or how smart she is, or how amazing she is, but just that she is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. I mean, is that really all it takes?
Get skinny….get some boobs, shiny white teeth and a tight dress. Walk out of a limo and tell the man you want that you don’t love him and don’t know if you ever could…and you are automatically THE ONE. Make sure you don’t want him, you don’t connect with him, but are just too damn pretty to walk away from and there you go.
But the other girl. The one that he didn’t choose. The one he had a connection with. The one he had so much fun with. The one who made him laugh and smile. Well, she was a bit chubby…and in the end, she didn’t get the guy.
Now , am I saying that he chose the skinny beautiful girl just because she was skinny and beautiful? Of course I’m not saying that…she also made it clear that she was a locked door and that she wasn’t really into him like he was into her…and that sealed the deal. Maybe if the chubby girl held back…told him she wasn’t that into him…dyed her hair and lost 20 pounds, she would have been wearing a ring right now. Instead she was just a great girl, who loved a man the best she could, gave him everything he could want and made him feel like the only man in the world.
What a loser. But trust me. She’s definitely not the biggest loser in this story.
Maybe she can burn a couple calories running as far away from that douche bag as possible.


Just love this post and it's dead on except for one thing...the chubby girl wears a size four and I don't know about you but while she is bigger than the skinny anorexic, four is quite a small number!
ReplyDeleteI've got to agree with Anon, though I've never seen an episode of this season. I don't look at that picture and think "chubby" at all. I do look at that other bitch and think "ew" though. I guess different strokes and all.
ReplyDeleteAlso, the Bachelor has always been sad commentary on society and love and dating. Entertaining as hell, but sad. :)
Lor
perfectly accurate insight on dating, in general!
ReplyDeleteThe whole point of me calling her chubby was sarcastic. I hardly consider her chubby...but when put up against a -2...well, you get my point. In his eyes...she probably "had a couple of extra pounds."
ReplyDeleteWhoops. Sarcasm detector was obviously off... ;)
ReplyDeleteTheir facial features look very similar to me. If she had gone with blonde hair and gotten a tan, we would barely be able to tell them apart. So the real lesson here is blonde with tan wins. Better start working on getting my brown skin back...
ReplyDelete